What is Comprehensive Credit Reporting?
Comprehensive Credit Reporting (CCR) requires credit providers to share information about customers' credit histories with credit reporting bodies. This supports financial institutions to make better informed decisions about lending. The credit reporting body Keystart currently uses is called Equifax Australia.
What information is shared?
Keystart participates in the credit reporting system. We exchange certain information with credit reporting bodies.
If we are requesting a credit report about you from a credit reporting body, we may provide the credit reporting body with:
- information about you (for example, your name and address); and
- information about your application (such as the amount of credit you are applying for).
If you receive a loan from us, we will provide certain information to the credit reporting body as part of CCR including:
- that we provide credit to you,
- the type of credit that you hold,
- how much credit we have provided to you,
- the terms and conditions of the provision of that credit,
- when your credit account is opened and closed,
- how you repay your credit,
- if you have failed to meet your repayment obligations or defaulted on your obligations,
- if you have committed a serious credit infringement,
- if you make repayments on time,
- if you correct a default, and
- any financial hardship repayment arrangements in relation to your accounts.
You should be aware that:
- credit reporting bodies may include the information we provide to them about you in reports provided to other credit providers to assist them to assess your creditworthiness;
- you can request a credit reporting body not to use your credit reporting information for the purposes of pre-screening of direct marketing by us. The contact details for Equifax are set out below, and
- you can request a credit reporting body not to use or disclose your credit reporting information for a period if you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been (or are likely to be) a victim of fraud. The contact details for Equifax are set
The credit reporting body we exchange information with is Equifax.
Equifax can be contacted by post, phone, email or online using the contact details set out below:
Equifax Australia Information Services and Solutions Pty Limited
PO Box 964
North Sydney NSW 2059
Telephone: 13 83 32
We only share your information with credit reporting bodies after you grant us permission to do so. This is obtained during the home application process.
To learn more about Comprehensive Credit Reporting and credit reporting in Australia visit CreditSmart.org.au.
Visit Credit Smart website