Shared home ownership
Shared home ownership. Perfect if you don't like sharing
The State Government’s Opening Doors shared ownership scheme provides affordable home ownership opportunities for Western Australians. The Housing Authority have a range of homes available under the scheme and Keystart provides the SharedStart shared equity home loan to qualified applicants. Depending on your income and household size, the Housing Authority will co-own up to 30% of a property with you. So you will be paying up to 70% of the property, but the home is 100% yours!
Under the shared ownership scheme, available properties are listed on the Opening Doors website and include newly-built homes and off-the-plan properties in a variety of areas around Western Australia.
- Shared, lower loan amount
- Range of properties all around Western Australia
- Low deposit of $2,000 or 2% of the purchase price (whichever is greater)
- No monthly account keeping fees
- No savings history required
- No lenders mortgage insurance
Later, when you can afford it, you may be able to purchase all or part of the Housing Authority's share. In all possible cases, we strongly encourage you to maximise your ownership share.
Standard lending criteria, terms, conditions, fees and charges apply.
(Video courtesy of the Housing Authority)
FInd out more
- See shared ownership loan fact sheet for an overview of the product.
- Key differences between Keystart's Standard home loan vs SharedStart
- View Keystart's other shared equity home loan products